Critical Reflection

1)                          Module Learning

At the start of the module, I have mentioned that I face difficulties in engaging the audience during presentations and I want to improve on my presentation skills. As such, I requested to be the speaker on my team so that I can practice my presentation skill at the same time. Through weeks of presenting and pitching. The effective communication module has help me to a better presenter. Professor Blackstone has help to identify some of my bad habits during presentation such as fidgeting motion and insufficient of eye contact with the audience. I will take note of this pointers and try to improve on my future presentations.

Before effective communication module, I did not know the proper way of citing and paraphrasing. Initially, I feel that citing was not needed as it is a hassle. But after going through this module, have learnt that it is the proper way of writing as it shows that I have done my research before writing .Through this module, I have learnt the 3 different way of citing and will use it moving forward.

2)                          Project Learning

In the project, the main challenge I face was to choose a topic that is suitable for both effective communication and Measurement & Sensor. Effective communication project requires us to propose solution to the identified problems but the Measurement & sensor project kind of require us to implement our sensor to identify and measure the problem. There was some confusion, but the team and I manage to find the suitable project for both modules. Another challenge that I face is the report writing for this project. The report writing requires us to write in APA style which I think I am not following while writing the report. But I am thankful that my team has constantly reminding me through out the report writing at the same time editing the report to provide the correct style.

Through this project, I have learnt that communication is very important in a group project. I think what makes us great as team is that we were able to communicate with each other openly. We were able to express ideas to one another. I am very happy that my team are actively listening when I am expressing my ideas, hence they can provide their own opinions which helps to improve the initial idea. All in all, I am very impressed and thankful to my teammates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 1 - Formal Email

Annotated Summary